This course introduces elements of HSE management systems including ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015 as well as steps of internal auditing of HSE-MS based on ISO 19011:2018
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Describe HSE management systems principles
- Describe elements of ISO 45001:2018
- Describe elements of ISO 14001:2015
- Describe internal audit steps based on ISO 19011:2018
- Design auditing checklists, plan and program
- Identify HSE-MS nonconformities during auditing
- Report auditing findings
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.