Admission Requirements

  /  Admission Requirements



Admission policy and procedure

Admissions to ITD Canada requireas that applicants follow an application procedure that ensures that enrolling students meet all program admission requirements. In this way we believe that students will be able to make knowledgeable program and application decisions and therefore be able to meet their education and career goals. All programs have admission requirements that applicants are required to meet to be eligible for program acceptance. Applicants are required to provide original documentation to demonstrate that they meet the program admission requirements.
[vc_tta_accordion style=”modern” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”General Admissions Requirements” tab_id=”1565114350735-51ea38c1-685f”][vc_column_text]

  • IELTS: 5.5 (or better) or
  • TOEFL (paper): 520 (or better) or
  • TOELF (CBT): 190 (or better) or
  • TOEFL (IBT): 70 (or better) or
  • Canadian High School Diploma or
  • Cambridge: CAE (or better) or
  • Pre-Intermediate (or better) Certificate from a Language Canada accredited school or
  • The student has lived and worked in an English speaking country longer than 10 years or
  • Has earned a Grade 12 graduation diploma from a Canadian high school or earned a diploma from secondary school (or above) in a system in which English is the official language of instruction
  • Passed the college’s English Assessment Test at the Intermediate level for all programs.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Student Enrollment Agreement” tab_id=”1565114350791-6ab05694-8f1c”][vc_column_text]An ‘Enrolment Agreement’ complying with regulatory requirements must be signed by the applicant and/or parent/guardian if the applicant does not meet the age requirement. The applicant will receive a copy of the enrolment signed by a college representative and a copy of the program outline once the student is accepted.

The student will also receive of the following policy documents.

  • Admissions policy
  • Dismissal policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Dispute Resolution Policy
  • Attendance Policy
  • Student Conduct Policy

[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Admission procedure” tab_id=”1565114382701-0ebb10c9-da71″][vc_column_text]

  • Ensure that the applicant has the appropriate program information.
  • Describe the student support services available on campus.
  • Answer any additional inquiries with respect to the program, curriculum, and program delivery.
  • Provide program admission criteria and assist the applicant in determining if they meet the requirements.
  • Provide the applicant with program tuition and ancillary costs.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Non-Canadian students” tab_id=”1565114771521-b3eae8a9-9b9d”][vc_column_text]International students require a study permit and are required to follow the process described above with these additions.

  • Original or official copies of all educational transcripts and credentialing documents. must be in English. If the document has been translated the original along with a certified translated copy must be submitted.
  • Proof of English language proficiency as described above.
  • Photocopy of a current passport for proof of citizenship and birth date.
  • A formal letter of acceptance as required by Canadian Immigration Canada.

For those international applicants who do not meet the English language proficiency requirements and wish to take one of the other program offerings they will be required to follow the ‘ESL Admission Requirements’ described above.

All international agents are vetted by the college and approved by the college President.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Study Permit” tab_id=”1565114811636-26a028b9-b0d7″][vc_column_text]It is the applicants/students responsibility to obtain a Study Permit prior to entering Canada. If an international student withdraws or is dismissed from a program ITD is required to notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada with in two weeks, with a copy of the notification placed on the student’s file.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Work Permit” tab_id=”1565114846708-db6970ee-47e8″][vc_column_text]To be placed in paid Co-op work experience International students need to apply for a work permit and will require a study permit to do so. They can apply after they have arrived and are in program.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Medical” tab_id=”1565114889325-dce1000d-995c”][vc_column_text]To be eligible for BC MSP medical coverage international students must have a valid Study Permit. If their permit is for six months or longer they must have BC MSP coverage.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion]


User registration

You don't have permission to register

Reset Password