Information Technology Consultant
Reports to: The IT Consultant will report to President.
IT Consultant is responsible for analyzing, developing, maintaining and supporting new and existing hardware and networks. Delivers and supports the operation of IT infrastructure and services. Confer with clients to create and modify technical documents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, implement and maintain foundational IT infrastructure to meet business needs, maintain security, enhance productivity and improve the user experience.
- Implement IT work orders and projects in accordance with established standards so that business needs are met and risk is mitigated.
- Recognizing the requirements and scope of the business from the client
- Developing a plan of action including time scale and resources required
- Understanding the practices and nature of business
- Monitor the computer systems and networks in an organization
- Liaising with software engineers and IT support members
- Analyzing potential issues and presenting written or oral solutions
- Communicate in writing to understand the work that needs to be done
Qualifications / requirements
- A University Degree in Engineering or combination of education and experience minimum 5 years related experience required in Network administration.
- English spoken/written communication and proof reading skills.
- Ability to exercise accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Detailed knowledge of operating systems, systems programming, computer networking (especially TCP/IP and VoIP), user environments (windows), and all makes of equipment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electrical equipment hardware setup, configuration, and maintenance.
- Excellent organizational, management, communication and administrative skills.
- Effective interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and rapidly adapt to new situations.
- Relevant Industry Certifications. (Cisco, Microsoft, Vmware)