A combination of theory and practice, this course covers fundamental concepts of cinematography for beginners. Instruction is given to recognize creative tools in cinematography and video productions, including basic operational knowledge on a typical professional video camcorder.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Have a fundamental knowledge of cinematography concepts
- Understand and communicate using the vocabulary of film
- Demonstrate basic operational knowledge of a professional video camera
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.