A combination of theory and practice, this course will focus on advanced video camera techniques and principles of lightings in cinematography and video productions. Practical knowledge of the setup and operation of a typical professional video camcorder and video shoots will be provided using industry standard gear and equipment.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Demonstrate operational knowledge of a professional video camera
- Understand and demonstrate lighting setups for interviews & green screen
- Understand and demonstrate on camera and basic sound recording
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.