This course provides students the opportunity to develop and implement their own thesis project from concept to completion. Advanced concepts in designing a collection of marketable apparel will be covered.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Utilize time manage and task sequencing in the completion of project components
- Develop professional presentation with technical drawings, illustrations, color theory, customer profile, concept books and line sheets
- Create a work board of apparel designs for a specific segment of the fashion clothing market
- Analyze and determine fabrics and estimate wholesale and retail costs for collection garments
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.