This course focuses on practical pattern-making techniques. Students will learn how to prepare Muslin, drape the bodice front and the back bodice, drape skirt, and check their drape and more other pattern-making advanced techniques.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Draft flat patterns blocks /drape designs from the collection
- Construct toiles of designs to ensure workability of pattern and finalize details
- Select appropriate fashion fabrics, support materials, threads and closures for garment assembly
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.