This course introduces objectives, requirements and steps of emergency management planning in the workplace in three phases including preparedness, response, and recovery.
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Identify types of emergency situations
- Establish response plans and scenarios
- Design response plan maneuvers
Describes duties and responsibilities in each EMP phases
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||20|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||20|
|Total program length (weeks)||1|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.