This course will give students a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of the fashion design through a practical learning. Through a work-based practicum they will show their creativity and identity in designing garments, creating their own patterns using standard and personal measurements. Students will be able to improve and practice their design skills and also enlarge knowledge of the fashion industry.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- General trade practices
- Fashion illustration
- Using technology to design fashion
- Technics for pattern making in apparel
- developing skills in garment specifications, assembly, and finishing
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.