This course will explain fashion marketing as the strategic art of pushing product. Students will learn marketing strategy, answering those must-know questions such as ‘target market’ and ‘customer needs and wants’. This course will provide the important information to develop a marketing program with coordinated elements such as advertising, special events, public and media relations, videos and social media, as well as written articles and materials. Students will investigate the relationship between fashion design and marketing including the development, promotion, advertising, and retailing aspects of the billion dollar fashion industry. They will understand that recognizing consumer trends, strong branding, and a desirable product image are all essential elements to building an effective and meaningful campaign.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Outline the key strategies and processes of fashion marketing
- Explain the concept of research and development
- Compare the marketing of fashion to that of other products
- Display an ability to prepare and present fashion marketing information
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.