This course is designed to train the students on using Final Cut Studio X suite in film editing. Students will learn to work with the software included in this suite, namely Final Cut pro (editing), Motion (designing virtual space), and Compressor (producing the final output. The course will also briefly cover the basic techniques of colour correction and audio editing within making music videos, movie trailers and advertising teasers.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Edit motion pictures, TV programs, documentaries and commercial movies
- Make training, advertising, and cultural teasers
- Make video-music
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||60|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||60|
|Total program length (weeks)||3|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.