This course is a comprehensive, practical introduction to the principles of providing a quality service experience.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- To provide basic customer service, communication and teamwork skills
- Understand the importance of front-line employees in service sector businesses
- Determine expectations from the point of view of customers, employers, and employees
- Develop service recovery techniques
- Comprehend metrics used to assess customer experience and service quality
Assessment will consist of interactive activities and an exam.
Students must pass the course with at least 70%.
|Total instructional hours||6|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||6|
|Total program length (day)||1|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
- Successful completion of the course.