This course introduces types of external HSE documents including law, regulations and standards as well as internal HSE documents including Safe Systems of Work (SSOWs)
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Describe structure of national OH&S law and regulations
- Describe structure of national environmental law and regulations
- Outline international HSE regulations and standards
- Identify related HSE regulations with activities in the workplace
- Outline types of SSOW
- Describe types of Permit To Work (PTWs) including hot work, cold work and so on
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.