This course introduces HSE risk management principles and process and techniques for hazards identification and risk assessment like FMEA, FTA, HAZOP and EIA and so on.
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Describe risk management steps and process
- Identify hazards and assess risks by using of FMEA method
- Identify hazards and assess risks by using of FTA method
- Identify hazards and assess risks by using of HAZOP method
- Modeling and analyze the consequence of incident by using PHAST software
- Identify environment aspects and assess risks by using of EIA method
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||60|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||60|
|Total program length (weeks)||3|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.