Adobe After Effects is used to create incredible motion graphics and visual effects. This course explores compositing techniques and video effects, including basics and intermediate video techniques, from working with shapes, text, textures to video effects, transitions, and 3d camera.
This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
- Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
- Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Apply animation and design principles to their work
- Be able to create and work with text, shapes, layers and animations
- Use motion graphics
- Create and work with backgrounds
- Work with 3D elements and the camera
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||40|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||40|
|Total program length (weeks)||2|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.