This course introduces our students to the exciting world of animation. The course has a programming approach to the concept of animation. While students can use any 3D software to basically create an animation, this particular course shows students how to write C++ programs that animates 2D and 3D characters and objects.
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Create Windows Program from scratch
- Create animation and Sprite class
- Generate manual and automatic sprite animation
- Create a frame animation class
- Character animation using timer class
Loading characters and bitmaps
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||60|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||60|
|Total program length (weeks)||3|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.