In this course students will analyze and examine the best tips and tricks to develop and refine their sewing skills. They will be taught to make garments that drape and lay beautifully. They will learn to sew more efficiently, successfully and creatively as they create professional stitches, gorgeous bindings and tailored-looking buttonholes and zippers that will transform their garments from homemade to stylish.
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Identify the tools and materials required for advanced sewing process.
- Design and draft coat pattern and lining pattern using standard measurements.
- Select appropriate fashion fabrics, support materials, threads, and closures for garment assembly
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||60|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||60|
|Total program length (weeks)||3|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.
For proof of English Language Proficiency please refer the Student Handbook.