This course is an upper intermediate/advanced course that teaches our students how to create 3D effects like translation, scaling, rotation, lighting and fogging, etc also known as shaders. The course starts by drawing a line and then incorporates it to a triangle with different colors. Then it introduces translation and scaling using matrix. The course needs a high level of math literacy as mentioned in admission requirement.
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
• Students must take mathematics for game development as well as Object Oriented programming with C++ or they must have credential that prove they have knowledge similar to what outlined in the above mentioned courses.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Draw a line
- Use Translation Matrix to draw objects
- Implement Scaling
- Implement Rotation
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||60|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||60|
|Total program length (weeks)||3|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.
For proof of English Language Proficiency please refer the Student Handbook.