This course introduces types of waste in workplace specifically hazardous waste and how to manage them from production phase to landfills.
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Describe types of waste
- Describe hazardous waste attributes
- Describe types of industrial waste
- Describe waste management elements (production, collection, Waste handling and separation, Segregation and processing, Disposal, Reusing, Landfills)
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||20|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||20|
|Total program length (weeks)||1|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.