This course teaches our students how to install different services in Linux. The course covers Name server, Samba Server (SMB), Apache Web Server, Mail Server and X Server and teaches students how to perform advanced administration tasks in Linux. Command line utilities and TCP/IP troubleshooting are also parts of this course.
• This is a single course and by itself does not lead to any career path
• Grade 12 graduate or mature student status (British Columbia 19 years or older)
• Meet minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to
- Install and Configure Apache Web Server
- Install and Configure Name Server
- Install and Configure X Server
- Install and Configure Telnet and FTP Servers
- Install and Configure Mail Server
- Use TCP/IP troubleshooting tools
Assessment will consist of quizzes, exams, and assignments.
Students must pass the course with at least 60%.
|Total instructional hours||60|
|Total Co-op hours||0|
|Total program hours||60|
|Total program length (weeks)||3|
☒ In-class instruction
☒ Distance education
☒ Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Not all courses may have textbooks. Textbooks are listed on the course outline. Textbooks may not be available through the college.
- Successful completion of the course.